Our Port Coquitlam tile flooring selection is full of beautiful tiles with striking appearances that will look great in any room. Our tile comes in a range of colours, patterns and textures to suite your home. It is easy to clean and resists mold and dirt.
Tile is ideal for areas with a high moisture contents like bathrooms and kitchens. Tile is available in a glazed finish or a non-finished look. If you want a long lasting visually appealing product, come check out our tiling.
Tile Flooring Installation Overview
A good looking tile job takes more than just picking beautiful tile.
Preparation, planning and using the right products for the job are what separate good installs from great installs. Remember, tile is for the long haul. These tips will help ensure that your installation looks great and stands the test of time.
Lingo to know:
- Thinset: Mortar used to set tiles
- Screed: A flat wood or metal board used to level mortar or concrete before it dries
- Grout: A mixture of water, sand and cement that seals the joints in tile work
- Cut: Tiles that must be trimmed to fit against a wall or other obstruction
- Square to: Lay tile parallel to
- Jolly trim: A finishing and edge-protection profile for the outside corners of tiled surfaces
First things first. Where will you have cuts? Make sure they won’t be too small. Is the room square? If not, choose the most prominent wall and lay the tile parallel to it.
Is there a pattern to the tile? Think about where the pattern will fall and whether you want to center any fixtures or accessories on a certain part of the pattern.